Accident – Child scalded at Redcar
Accreditation The Redcar and Saltburn-by-the-Sea Gazette 15/06/1877.
CHILD SCALDED AT REDCAR
On Wednesday (13/06), at noon, a little boy, 18 months old son of William Shinn, who resides in West Dyke, Redcar, was frightfully scalded. His mother had just taken a can full of boiling water out of the furnace beside the kitchen fire, and had placed it on a table while she went into the scullery. During her absence, the little fellow or pulled the water over on to him, by which he was badly scalded on the chest. Dr. MacKinlay was called in, and dressed the scalds, but he considers the case hopeless.
Lol Hansom November 26, 2014 Accidents, Doctors & Health