CHURCHES – Congregational Chapel, Redcar reopening services
Accreditation The Redcar and Saltburn-by-the-Sea Gazette 18/05/1877.
CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL, REDCAR
This place of worship, which has been closed for the last month, during which period it has been in the hands of the workmen of Messrs. Lewis, and Scott, painters and decorators, of Redcar and Middlesbrough, was reopened for service on Sunday last (13/05). The interior walls of the building, together with the ceiling, have been painted throughout, while the whole of the woodwork has been varnished, and great credit is due to the contract is for the tasteful and effective manner in which the work has been carried out. Another improvement that may be mentioned in the removal of the stall from the front of the pulpit, and the introduction of a proper heating apparatus, which has during the short time it has been in use, added greatly to the comfort of the congregation. The services on Sunday last were conducted by the Rev. R. Crookall, of Northallerton.
November 21, 2014 Churches