CHURCHES – New Wesleyan School Room for Warrenby
Accreditation The Redcar and Saltburn News 14/05/1874.
OPENING OF NEW WESLEYAN SUNDAY SCHOOL ROOM AT WARRENBY
On Sunday last (10/05), a view Sunday school room was full and by the Wesleyan Methodists at Warrenby. The children met in the morning at half-past ten, and in the afternoon at two o’clock – about sixty being present. The Rev. J. Parkyn preached at three-o’clock, in the afternoon, and Mr Yeo in the evening, when there were good attendances, and collections amounting to £2.2s.9d were taken in aid of the building fund. A preaching service is to be held in the every Sunday evening until the chapel is erected, which will be commenced as soon as the necessary funds are obtained. About £130 has already been promised, and further donations will be thankfully received towards this object by the treasures, Messrs J. Crossley and F. H. Cooke.
January 28, 2014 Uncategorized