CHURCHES – Redcar & Coatham Wesleyan Sunday School
Accreditation the Redcar and Saltburn News 01/01/1874
REDCAR AND COATHAM WESLEYAN SUNDAY SCHOOL
On Christmas Day (25/12) the annual tea meeting was held in the Schoolroom, after which a service of song, entitled the “Children’s Messiah,” was given by the teachers and skulls. The Rev. T. Hepton presided. Mr Pallister conducted the singing, and Miss S. Abbey provided the harmonium. There was a large attendance at the services. The proceeds expected to be upwards of £15, will go to support not only the Redcar and Coatham School, but also the Sunday School recently established at Warrentown, containing 60 scholars, where a school-room and chapel are greatly needed, and it is to be hoped the funds will soon be obtained for the direction of the same.