COATHAM – WEST Redcar
Believed to have been the last battle place for the personnel residing there against William the Conqueror around the date 1070-1075?
Situated to the West of Redcar, and now heavily industrialised was the site of marshes.
Formerly well known still to this day by the residents of surrounding towns as “The Slems”.
Very close to the listed grade II building, of Marsh House Farm. In this area was also the medieval church of St. Sepulchre along with its graveyard. (No actual site can be found of this church as yet)
dean February 5, 2010 Coatham