1874 03 10 Redcar Local Board of Health Meeing
Accreditation. The Rector and Saltburn News 12/03/1874.
REDCAR LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH MEETING
A special meeting of the Board was held on Tuesday evening (10/03), at the Boardroom, West Terrace, to receive reports from the Waterworks and Scavenging Committees, and to pass any resolutions thereon. Present — Messrs Lennard (Chairman), Coulson, Harrison, and Watson; Whewell (Deputy Clerk) and D. D. Bookless (Surveyor). The notice convening the meeting, having been read a report from the Surveyor was submitted, stating that he had made the necessary arrangements for a manure depot, Mr Trotter, the Earl of Zetland’s agent, having granted permission to use part of a field occupied by Mr Geo. Wren for the purpose, but stipulating that the Earl of Zetland’s tenants shall have the purchase of the manure from the Board. The extent of ground required to start with will be about an eighth of an acre, and the field fixed on is 340 yards beyond the new cemetery, and 160 yards distance from the public road. An estimate of the cost of alterations in stable and yard was also submitted, and a statement giving the amount of probable receipts and expenditure, showing an estimated annual balance of £17.14s.— A lengthy discussion followed, some of those present being in favour of the report being carried out at once, but it was eventually decided to defer its further consideration until the annual meeting.— The Surveyor next reported that there was a seriously huge of water at the spring head reservoir and he was ordered to make the necessary repairs as soon as convenient.— Plan of a building for a fancy bizarre, in the Esk Boulevard, submitted by Mr Castilloni, was approved.
August 25, 2013 Redcar - Local Board