In 1858 the Redcar & Coatham Cricket club came into being. The land for the cricket club (between Nelson Terrace and Trafalgar Terrace) was leased from Arthur Henry Turner Newcomen. The iron railings which surround the cricket club came from Skinningrove Works. A tea pavilion was erected in 1923. The cricket ground is actually in the Coatham Conservation area, and any development or changes must have full consent of all parties, and that also includes the metal railings.
February 5, 2010 Education, Classes, Clubs & Organisations