REDCAR – Rugby Club
The Redcar Rugby Club was formerly situated on Redcar Racecourse and started to thrive following the Second World War in 1947. It consisted of a wooden hut, and rugby ground The changing facilities left a lot to be desired. Change was around the corner when land was bought in 1959 at the now present address McKinlay Park, Green Lane, Redcar. The first game played there was in 1961. In 1974 a Quash Club was formed, and quash courts added to the club buildings. In 1994 a revamp of the club overall saw a total refurbishment of the building of other facilities.
February 5, 2010 Education, Classes, Clubs & Organisations