BUILDING – Town Hall for Redcar
Accreditation the Redcar and Saltburn-by-the-Sea Gazette 24/11/1871.
REDCAR TOWN HALL
The building formerly used as a Wesleyan Chapel, but disc used since the Wesleyan’s erected their new Chapel, has been fitted up by Mr. L. Thompson, auctioneer, of the Crown and Anchor, as an auction room and hall for public entertainments, and is to be designated the Town Hall. The school room adjoining this building has been taken by a party of young men for aid newsroom. The Library formed by the auld Mutual Improvement Society, and more recently by the Elocution Class, will be removed to this room, and members will have the use of it. This is step in a right direction, and will, no doubt meet with success, as the want of such a place of resort during the long nights of winter has been felt here.